The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Creator Cameo: Film's producers appear as football coaches.
- And later the film's writer and production designer appear as fireworks salesmen.
- Development Hell: The tale of this film's long-delayed American release is a long and tragic one that's almost more famous than the movie itself. The Weinstein Company spent three million dollars to pick the finished film up for distribution, and planned to give it a wide release in 2007... and then Grindhouse flopped despite large amounts of publicity and a warm reception from critics, along with other big studio horror films around the same time. The Weinsteins, feeling that horror films were now an unsound investment, sold the film to Senator Entertainment US, which has since gone out of business, leaving the film in limbo. To this day, it has not seen the light of day in America outside of bootlegs and film festival screenings. Fortunately, this tale has a Bittersweet Ending — the film was released in Britain, where it made back its budget 2½ times over.
- Screwed by the Lawyers: One of the reasons why the film's American release is stuck in Development Hell.
- Screwed By The Studio: The other reason.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.