The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
- Downer Ending
- Ho Yay: In the 1930 movie, in the scene where Paul is comforting Kemmerich after Kemmerich loses his leg, is very heartwarming, and also very shippy.
- Narm: In the 1979 film, the scene in which Paul catches a random soldier from the other side and stabs him...and proceeds to watch him for ten straight minutes (in real time) while the man just lays there dying with a goofy expression on his face. Possibly a commentary on how it was a fellow human being that is being killed for a pointless war, but still absurdly executed nonetheless.
- Nightmare Fuel: The horrors of the war are depicted in a brutally realistic fashion. The fact that this stuff actually happened should be enough to terrify anyone.
- There's a brief scene where a hospitalized soldier attempts suicide by shoving a fork into his chest, around where his heart is. Since he hasn't got enough strength to drive it deep enough, he proceeds to take a boot and use it as an impromptu hammer. Fortunately, he is restrained before he can damage himself too badly.
- Seinfeld Is Unfunny: The themes can look dated, because many other war novels and films repeated them.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.