|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
As the storyline unfolds, they meet up with other groups of survivors and generally try to survive and retain their sanity in a post-Zombie Apocalypse world.
Contains examples of:
- A Child Shall Lead Them: The cannibal barbarians are led by a little girl.
- Action Survivor
- Aliens in Cardiff: The setting is Tempe, Arizona.
- Badass Normal: Raul.
- BFS: Actually named the Big [censored Blade of Doom].
- Big Damn Heroes: The loved one retrieval team returns to a huge zombie attack on the hideout. Jase and his wife stand in the back of the pickup truck and open fire on the horde. Partially subverted in the last panel.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Bryan. Subverted in that everyone, his girlfriend included, consider him totally useless to have around.
- Cool Car: The group's pimped-out, armor-plated SUV.
- Crazy Prepared: Jase and his girlfriend.
- Of course, Bryan's plan has merit too.
- Cute Bruiser: Jase's girlfriend.
- Deadpan Snarker: Bryan and Jase in equal measures.
- Disaster Democracy
- Doesn't Like Guns: Bryan.
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
- Genre Savvy: The characters have watched their share of zombie flicks and know the drill.
- Hammerspace: Jase pulls a RPG launcher out of thin air.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Emma.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Bryan.
- Mean Boss: The characters' ex-employer.
- "Ride of the Valkyries": When the characters come to their friends' rescue in their pimped-out SUV, that's the music they play.
- Shout-Out: To Star Trek among other references.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Far down the cynical end of the scale.
- Tempting Fate: "What's the worst that could happe-"
- Tragic Dream: Devon wanting to hook up with Em, played for laughs.
- Weapon of Choice: Bryan's Big Fucking Blade Of Doom.
- Zeppelins from Another World: The Hellforce One.
- Zombie Apocalypse: The whole point.
- Zombie Gait: Lampshaded. The zombies are so slow they have trouble catching up with arthritic old people.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.