|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Awesome Art: Say what you want to about the writing, but the art is amazing, both Lee's interiors and Miller's covers.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Neo-Nazi woman with swastika pasties standing guard outside a motel door. ...Huh.
- Bile Fascination: A major selling point for the comic book: once word about it began to spread, people who haven't read it yet just can't believe it's that bad.
- Broken Base
- Complete Monster: The Joker, as usual.
- Some would argue that this version of Batman borders on this as well.
- Crack Pairing: Batman and Black Canary
- Crazy Awesome: What a lot of Batman's actions appear to be intended as.
- Designated Hero: And how!
- Fan Dumb: Ignoring the chronological impossibility of events in the first few issues and claiming that they CAN be explained logically.
- Fan Nickname: He is called "The Goddamned Batman" to distinguish him from his mainstream counterpart. In his text reviews, Linkara ends up calling this version BINO, Batman In Name Only. In the video review, he decides that even that name is too Battish, and dubs the character Crazy Steve, a random insane hobo who found a batsuit somewhere.
- Fountain of Memes: It is, after all, Batman Turned Up to Eleven -- now with extra crazy flakes.
- Hate Dumb: While ASBAR has many faults, some criticisms it gets are simply ridiculous:
"This is nothing like New Earth's Batman!"
- Declaring plot points from the first issues that are to be explained later (this is supposed to be a 16 issues series) as plotholes. This said, there are more than a few legitimate examples which can't be explained quite so easily.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The love scene between Batman and Black Canary also count. In the story, they have make out while keeping their mask on. The scene might be Squick, sexy, or even outright funny to some people. Fast forward three years later, Batman and Catwomen have SEX with their mask on. The scene is here if you want to check it out(NSFW)
- Although the "I'm the Goddamn Batman" is the most remembered part of the quote, right before it, he says "Who the hell do you think I am?"
- Memetic Molester: It's often been pointed out that the way Batman treats Robin can get really uncomfortable...
- Memetic Mutation: Several lines in the series, as well as the series itself.
"I'm the Goddamn Batman."
- So Bad It's Good: The fact is that most people think this is a bad Batman story; that doesn't stop them from finding it absolutely hilarious.
- Snark Bait
- Straw Man Has a Point: When Green Lantern confronts Batman, he points out that Batman is hospitalising people with his excessive violence and endangering a boy as young as Dick.
- They Just Didn't Care: Frank Miller has become so obssessed with making Batman "better" than the police or any other superhero, that he's stopped caring about making Batman actually do anything heroic.
- Unfortunate Implications: the reason Linkara decides to call Batman "a hobo named Crazy Steve"
- Watch It for the Meme: Admit it, you read it for "I'm the goddamn Batman!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.