The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Alien vs Ninja is a 2010 popcorn movie from director Seiji Chiba. When a "fireball" crashes near a ninja village a handful of Ninja are dispatched to investigate the issue.
Tropes used in Alien vs. Ninja include:
- Action Girl: Rin (Two Words: "Mighty Strength")
- All of the Other Reindeer: Yamata gets a mild case of this from a group of the village laborers, since he wasn't born into the clan. The other warriors respect him, though.
- Badass Normal: Ninjas
- Badass Bookworm: Netsumi is a pretty good ninjas when he gets up the nerve to fight.
- Badass Abnormal: Aliens
- Batman Can Breathe in Space
- Bottomless Magazines
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: The opening battle shows a single ninja taking out an entire pack of ninjas. Yamata is apparently Genre Savvy enough to use it to his advantage.
- Cool Versus Awesome: Read the title again.
- Cluster F-Bomb: In the climax, the ninjas in thrall to the alien chant "Fuck you!" repeatedly in English.
- Double Entendre: Numerous visual examples. The aliens in general, as well as all the fight scenes, are exploding with sexual imagery.
- Homage: The aliens are clearly based on the xenomorphs from Ridley Scott's Alien movies.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Ninja
- Interspecies Rape: One of the aliens attempts to rape Rin. It regrets it.
- Mood Whiplash: Numerous examples but there are a few standouts Netsumi returning to his home village only to see everyone dead and the alien advancing on him only to land on the roof, then promptly fall through it.
- Ms. Fanservice: Rin.
- Ninja: They have no super powers but can leap hundreds of feet and survive terminal velocity free falls
- Our Zombies Are Different: they come from alien parasites in your throat and can be cured by yanking them out.
- Rule of Cool: Lightning quick aliens land in Toyko to kill ninjas.
- Rule of Funny: Much of the movie is cut with the antics of Netsumi, a chicken of a Ninja who is a Gadgeteer Genius and is the oldest/most experienced of the group.
- Rule of Scary: Lightning quick aliens land in Toyko to kill ninjas.
- Rule of Three: Of the half dozen ninjas that set out only 3 survive.
- Special Effects Failure: All over the place. It's a big part of the fun, though.
- Versus Title
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.