|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Alien Hallway is a strategy game developed by Sigma Team (the makers of the Alien Shooter games). Your task is to command a squad of Space Marines to fight to the other end of the hallway--which is, of course, filled with aliens--and destroy the aliens' base before they can do the same to you.
This game contains examples of:
- One Hundred Percent Completion: Getting five stars on every level earns you a Steam achievement.
- Alien Invasion: The first planet you have to defend is Earth.
- Cooldown: Represented by a greyed-out section on the icon that gradually drains away. You can purchase an upgrade to reduce the cooldown times.
- Elite Mooks
- Every Bullet Is a Tracer
- Excuse Plot: The plot, in a nutshell, is "Aliens are bad. Shoot them."
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: Your basic Flamethrower unit.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The weapon of choice for the strongest unit.
- Gameplay Grading: Your performance on each level is rated from 1-5 stars, and you get more money for higher ratings. There's also an achievement for getting five stars on every level.
- Giant Mook: In the later levels, some of the aliens have Mini Mechas to tower over the battlefield.
- The Greys: The aliens.
- Mini-Mecha: Worn by the Giant Mooks on the third planet.
- Mooks: Armies of alien mooks.
- RPG Elements: You earn gold for completing missions, and you can spend it on upgrades.
- Secondary Fire: The flamethrower, shotgun, machine gun, and laser gun units can all throw grenades as well; a grenade icon pops over their head when it's available. A variant of the trope, in that the regular attack is automated, and only the secondary fire has to be manually activated.
- Space Marines
- Suicidal Overconfidence: The AI's job is to advance toward you at all costs, even if they're hopelessly outgunned.
- Suicide Attack: One variety of Mook is an alien with a bomb who runs toward your guys and blows himself up.
- Worker Unit: Engineers, whose job is to gather energy so you can create more units.