|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
Alexisonfire (that's "Alexis On Fire") was a Post-Hardcore band from St. Catharines, Ontario, active from 2001-2011. Their style, described by the band as "the sound of two Catholic high-school girls in mid-knife-fight", featured stark contrasts between soaring melody and brutality, through the interplay between three singers. Their self-titled debut is considered a landmark of its genre and their other three albums went platinum in Canada. The band broke up in 2011 because singer/guitarists Dallas Green and Wade Mac Neil left to focus on their side projects, as well as "personal issues".
- George Pettit- lead vocals
- Wade Mac Neil- guitar, vocals
- Dallas Green- guitar, vocals
- Chris Steele- bass
- Jordan Hastings- drums (2005-2011)
- Alexisonfire (2002)
- Watch Out! (2004)
- Crisis (2006)
- Old Crows/Young Cardinals (2009)
This band provides examples of the following tropes:
- A Good Name for a Rock Band- The band is named after Alexis Fire, the world's only lactating contortionist stripper (yes, really).
- Breakup Breakout- Dallas has achieved great success with his solo project, City And Colour.
- Careful with That Axe
- Fan Disservice- Please, George, keep your shirt on when you sing!
- Kuudere- "Adelleda":
You had the coldest eyes and the softest touch
- Mundane Made Awesome- "Hey, It's Your Funeral Mama" is probably the most hardcore song ever written about go-karting.
- Soprano and Gravel- a triple-male variant, with George providing the screamed vocals, Dallas; the melodic singing, and Wade, who provides the shouted, Hardcore Punk-style vocals.
- Shout-Out- The cover of Watch Out! and the lyrics to "That Girl Possessed" are nods to The Exorcist.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song- "Side Walk When She Walks", which is a relaxed song sung entirely by Dallas, with no screaming or heavy guitars.
- Take That- "Keep It On Wax" is one, long "fuck you" to their first drummer, Jesse Ingelevics, for trash-talking the band after he left.
- The Problem with Pen Island- The band name can by read several different ways. People on YouTube are constantly asking if it's pronounced "Alex is on fire" (it's not), which can be something of a Berserk Button for fans of the band.