|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
Aki Sora (あきそら, lit. Autumn Sky) is a Manga series written and illustrated by Masahiro Itosugi. It greatly resembles four chapters of the Hentai title Oneechan no Onegai which was written by the same author, but is not as explicit.
Aki Sora focuses on the relationship difficulties of one Aoi Sora, an effeminate young man who has ridiculous luck with women. However, most of these relationships are seriously twisted, if not completely taboo, not the least of which is his relationship with his older sister Aki and his younger twin sister Nami. His family also has secrets that are beginning to influence the story more in the most recent chapters.
An OVA has been released, adapting the first chapter of the manga.
As a result of recent censorship laws in Tokyo, the entire franchise was canceled in April 2011. This includes reprints -- the publishing company is claiming the new laws prohibit them from reprinting the previous volumes, putting the entire series out of print of early 2011.
Aki Sora provides examples of:
- Accidental Pervert
- Accidental Pornomancer
- A Date with Rosie Palms
- A Party - Also Known as an Orgy: In chapter 6 Runa invites Sora to pose as her boyfriend at a party... which turns out to be an orgy, and she has sex with every man there while he's done by the women. Ironically, they don't have sex with each other.
- Author Appeal: The crossdressing and incest elements.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: The lack of genital details is the only thing keeping this from being a full-fledged hentai.
- Body Paint: Chapter 11- Runa goes to the pool with a painted-on bikini.
- Brainy Brunette: Aki, who has brown hair and the best grades in her class.
- Brilliant but Lazy: Despite her grades, Aki is shown to be a total slacker when it comes to housework. Sora, of all people, teases her for this.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Sora and Aki are deeply in love with each other despite being siblings. And they have the most normal relationship in the series. That alone should tell you what kind of a series this is.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: If chapter 6 is any indication, Sora's alcohol tolerance is practically nil. One sip of sake causes him to pass out.
- Nami's tolerance is no better.
- Cool Big Sis: Aki to a T, being a literal one to Sora and the one girl in her school that everyone looks up to.
- Cross Dresser: Sora and Miharu. Sora finds himself engaging in this seemingly every other chapter, usually because of Nami's fetish and Runa's belief that he enjoys it. Miharu, however, really does seem to enjoy it.
- Date Peepers: Nami to Sora and Kana in chapter 7.
- Deconstruction: A rather brutal one of how most hentai/ecchi manga portray incest. Usually, it is portrayed as guilt free and sexy. This manga, while often making the second half true as long as the incest part doesn't bother you, really goes into detail how much the characters are wracked with guilt and fear of being discovered, playing it for as much drama and angst as possible. Also, the sex is also portrayed as disturbing at times, partially due to some of the characters being rather Cute and Psycho, and partially because the male protagonist is often a rather tragic case of The Chew Toy.
- Double Standard Rape (Female on Male): Neither Sora's first times with Aki and Runa nor either encounter with Alice are exactly voluntary, and he's essentially conned into the orgy in chapter 6, but he doesn't put up much resistance for any of those. Nami unquestionably rapes him, and it's a very disturbing scene, but by chapter 15, when she later asks Sora if he hates her, he only admits to being scared of her... and both then proceed to have sex with no particular signs of trauma.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Sora looks a lot like Nami, so much so that when they were young, even their mother had a hard time telling them apart... even when naked. In chapter 20 Runa is able to pass him off as female to the art class teacher just by having him wear her uniform.
- Dysfunction Junction: This makes David Lynch's Blue Velvet seem like Pleasantville in comparison.
- Extreme Doormat: Sora completely lacks the will to stand up for himself, at least against girls.
- Fan Service
- Hair Decorations: Toyed with. Nami normally wears her hair up to differentiate herself from Sora, but when she really wants to get Kana's attention, she lets her hair down to make the resemblance STRONGER. On the flipside, Sora sometimes finds himself sporting a set when the various girls force him to crossdress.
- Half-Identical Twins: Sora and Nami.
- Hot Springs Episode: Chapter 5.
- Ho Yay: Sometimes Miharu and Sora look awkward.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Taken Up to Eleven with Sora, who rivals Ruka Urushibara in terms of gender-bending femininity. Almost all of his postures, behavior, and mannerisms are those typically expected from a shy girl. He is also better at cooking and housework than both of his sisters. Justified in that his father walked out on them when he was very young, and so he grew up without any male figure in the household.
- It is shown that Sora is incredibly insecure about his lack of masculinity. Due to his cute appearance, he is often forced into cross-dressing against his will, which makes him extremely uncomfortable, and merely being called cute makes him feel very embarrassed.
- Jerkass: Unlike her siblings, Nami is very rude and has a Hair-Trigger Temper. Not to mention she's a Psycho Lesbian who rapes her poor, already extremely shy brother.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Volumes 1 and 3, starting in July 2011, due to Bill 156.
- Lap Pillow: Between Nami and Sora in chapter 19. Aki wonders when they got that close, and Nami asks if it's so unusual for siblings to be close.
- Lethal Chef: According to Nami, Aki has never cooked a decent meal in her life. She wishes to change this so that Sora doesn't have to do so much work.
- Little Sister Heroine: Gender-inverted with Sora, who's a little brother in love with his older sister, with the feeling most certainly being mutual.
- The Loins Sleep Tonight: Miharu reveals in chapter 12 that he can't get it up unless he's watching his girlfriend Alice get nailed by another guy. In chapter 18, as part of the game he, Alice, and Sora are playing, he has to "confess something embarrassing", so he yells "I AM IMPOTENT!" out the window.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Runa.
- Love Dodecahedron
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Nami is the Masculine Girl to Sora's Feminine Boy.
- Naked First Impression: How Sora first meets Runa. Turns out she's like that all the time.
- Name's the Same: Sora shared his name with a (female) Japanese pornstar.
- Nice Girl: She may have her creepy moments, but Aki really is this. Sora himself qualifies as a Nice Guy.
- Oh Crap: A variation; Runa was in the ecstatic throes of a climax as she loses her virginity to a total-stranger in Chapter 6... only to freeze in abject-horror when she remembers too-late that sex gets you pregnant as she suddenly felt the heat of his climax pouring into her womb.....
- Only Sane Woman: Aki is probably the most normal and least screwed-up of the main characters. Not exactly difficult when your competitors are Sora, Nami and Runa.
- Plot Condom: Why else would Sora be able to have sex with women so many times without impregnating at least one of them?
- Plot With Porn
- Polar Opposite Twins: Sora and Nami may look similar, but personality-wise they could not possibly be more different. Sora's a shy, submissive heterosexual Nice Guy. Nami is a loud, aggressive Jerkass Psycho Lesbian.
- Public Exposure: Runa in chapter 20, modeling nude for an art class.
- Psycho Lesbian: Nami in chapter 8. After the date she set Sora and Kana up on goes far beyond her expectations, she confronts Sora that evening, shoves him down, stops just shy of cutting off his penis with some scissors ("Hey...can I have this?"), rapes him while fantasizing that she has a penis and is fucking Kana, and threatens afterward to cut his penis off for real if he ever tells anyone.
- Rape as Drama: See the previous trope.
- Really Gets Around: Sora, although he's so passive most of his sexual encounters were initiated by females.
- Red String of Fate: Literal, as of chapter 13, but with Rule 34.
- Scars Are Forever: Played with in chapter 17. One of the things that makes Sora start doubting that their mother is really who she says she is is that he vaguely remembers her having a burn on her arm from being scalded when Sora was a toddler, which seems to have vanished, only to be put at ease since he forgot which arm was scalded. Aki, however, knew the truth - their aunt scalded herself to simulate the scar... on the wrong (i.e., right) arm.
- Screwed By The Youth Healthy Development Ordinance
- Shrinking Violet: Sora, to the extreme.
- Sibling Triangle: Triang Relations type 11, with Kana, Sora and Nami. Kana is Nami's best friend who fell for Sora ever sine their first encounter; Sora's affection towards Nami seems one-sided, while he likes Kana (but likes Aki more); and Nami has a Matchmaker Crush on Kana. It seems to have turned into a type 8, as Nami is warming up toward Sora after raping him...and proceeds to have consensual Twincest sex.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Runa, despite all her...quirks, found out that Sora is the most necessary element.
- Two-Person Pool Party: Aki and Sora in chapter 5.
- Theme Twin Naming: Sora and Nami subvert this for being opposite... in everything.
- Unusual Euphemism: From Miharu, ahem, "Catherine", "Dama Tower", etc. all the more disturbing with desu at the end of every sentence.
- Unwanted Harem: Sora's, and it only seems to grow with each new character introduced.
- Victim Falls For Rapist: Several of Sora's trysts are flavored with this.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Standard for the girls' school uniform.
The following tropes themselves are spoilers; read at your own risk:
- And the Adventure Continues...: Oh, the author has left himself a back-door open to come back when Bill 156 is over. See Sequel Hook below.
- Broken Masquerade: In chapter 17, Sora begins doubting that their mother is really who she says she is (see Scars Are Forever above). Aki, on the other hand, has apparently known the truth for some time but hides it to protect Sora. When we see Sora in the final scene, it's clear that he's been made aware of what happened to his mother.
- Maybe Ever After: The series ends with Aki and Sora reuniting, but whether they get together is left up in the open.
- Not So Different: While using Sora and Aki's forbidden relationship as an excuse to take the latter away, it later turns out that their old man is their mother's biological brother.
- Reality Ensues: Abruptly and hard in the last 7 pages.
- Replacement Goldfish: Turns out the Aoi siblings' mother had a twin sister. Guess which one died in a car accident.
- Sequel Hook: While on face value the resolution of this tale is one where Aki and Sora platonically break up, on closer inspection the author leaves us with all the (heterosexual) relationships reset-to-zero, unresolved and ambiguous; leaving Sora free to pursue anyone in his "harem." Though this is only a fleeting hope until if/when Bill 156 is dissolved.
- Twincest: Forced during the Psycho Lesbian incident, but later done willingly by both twins.