A newer seiyuu with a slow, but steady rise in fame, Akeno Watanabe is known for her rather husky voice, but she is capable of turning it into a level suitable for cute little boys or desperate young girls. She's a gamer and a fan of both of the Tales (series) and Super Robot Wars (somehow turning into an Ascended Fangirl when she got the roles of Mao and Ibis Douglas). To further the joke, the producers of Code Geass must have taken notice of her liking for Super Robot Wars, and placed her in the role of someone who has the same name as one of the Super Robot Wars' Original Generation characters (Villetta Vadim).
She is also a self-proclaimed Bokukko, and that's a factor in her roles.
Do not confuse with Ken Watanabe.
Notable roles by Akeno Watanabe:
- Robin Sena in Witch Hunter Robin (Not her debut role, but it kick-started her career in the business)
- Villetta Nu in Code Geass
- Ryofu Housen in Ikki Tousen
- Tiamat in Shakugan no Shana
- Mao in Tales of Rebirth
- Ibis Douglas in Super Robot Wars (Alpha and OG)
- Rose in Street Fighter IV
- Chachamaru Karakuri in Mahou Sensei Negima
- Rito Yuuki in To Love Ru
- Anna Heart in Kaleido Star
- Tayuya in Naruto
- Shinra in Final Fantasy X 2
- Liz Thompson in Soul Eater.
- Mutsu in Gintama
- Riesbyfe Stridberg in Melty Blood
- Yumomi (Leona), Buck, and Shooti (Trip) in Pokémon
- Sara in Asobi Ni Iku Yo
- Yoshino Kousaka in Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai
- Taruru in Keroro Gunsou
- Diana in Spice and Wolf II
- Natalia Kaminski in Fate/Zero
- Lizzie Garland in Phantom ~Requiem of the Phantom~
- Sherry Cromwell in To Aru Majutsu no Index
- Aoyagi Yayoi in Koe de Oshigoto!
- Akane Fujisaki in Sket Dance
- Herrenlose Spada in Atelier Lina
- Kyou Yahagi in Cardfight Vanguard
- Sharla in Xenoblade
- Rose in Street Fighter IV, taking over Michiko Neya's spot.