|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
A 2014 light novel series about a very lazy teacher.
The Alzano Imperial Magic Academy is the most prominent and famed magical academy in the world. One of their teachers has suddenly quit without giving any reason for that though. The witch Serika nominate his successor, that is, to say the least, less than adequate. More exactly, Glenn Radars is a lazy slacker that arrives late and don't wants to teach the students anything. And when does gives a lecture, he does it in the most horrible way possible.
After a few incidents with the student Sistine, Glenn is about to finally resign when a lucky encounter with her friend Rumia finally manages to change his will to teach magic.
Written by Tarou Hitsuji. Illustrated by Kurone Mishima (she also illustrates Kono Suba). Published by Fujimi Shobo.
- Bare Your Midriff: The Academy's female uniform by default.
- Brutal Honesty: Glenn outright breaks Sistine with a speech where he says magic is only good for killing, not caring even a little about what that will do towards the young girl. Of course, the narration points out the difference between honesty and truth: magic can be used for other means in a "good" way. But how Sistine can't think of a good argument against Glenn, she leaves the classroom in rage and crying.
- Establishing Character Moment: Rumia's first scene establishes her kind nature when she helps an old man by healing him and helping him in burning the trash he carries.
- Fanservice: Full of it almost by default thanks to skimpy female uniforms. There is also scenes set on the girls locker room, a Beach Episode, etcetera etcetera....
- Magical Incantation: Part of the process of casting magic on this universe.
- Playing with Fire: The spell Fire Torch allows a mage to create and manipulate flames.
- Shock and Awe: The spell Shock Bolt, though it's not fatal and more a way of subduing another person rather than hurt her.
- Stripperiffic: The females uniforms of the academy shows the midriff and thighs of the students by default. It is justified because human females apparently need direct skin contact to have greater access to mana in the world the series is set in.
- Wizarding School: The very main setting of the series, the Alzano Imperial Magic Academy.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Also a part of the female uniforms, with garters on top of it.