|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
"Aye-aye-aye, Kimberly's being tortured!"
One of the most infamous Fan Fics ever, this far too long and highly unpleasant little Mighty Morphin Power Rangers tale by The Dark Ranger is almost entirely about Kimberly, the original Pink Ranger, being tortured to death by Lord Zedd and his new monster, Tortura. There are some scenes featuring the other Rangers trying to figure out how to rescue her, but the good majority of the plot is about Kimberly being whipped, mutilated and raped over the course of a few days, all while her tormenters mock and laugh at her suffering and screams of agony. She eventually dies, but at this point it's more of a relief. A "sequel" that is actually a remake of the original also exists. It removes Tortura in favor of Rita Repulsa and Kat (Kimberly's successor as Pink Ranger), and the torture methods are different.
Its particular notoriety has its genesis in that it was specifically mentioned in a press release as one of the reasons the Australian government banned access to the Alt.Sex.Stories newsgroup as part of its anti-pornography initiative. That's right. It's a piece of fanfic that's Banned In Australia -- if not the only piece of fanfic to have ever been banned by a government.
Depending on whom you ask about it, it's either So Bad It's Good or High Octane Nightmare Fuel. But one thing that everyone agrees on, however, is that it's completely and utterly awful. Especially since this thing was allegedly supposed to be erotic.
Warning: If you suffer from self-mutilation or injury avoidance OCD, this monster's the mother of all triggers.
- Author Appeal: The most disturbing thing about this story is that it was written by the author because he found it to be a turn-on. This is what happens when Guro fans try to transfer their medium of choice into text...
- Beige Prose: In the first few chapters at least. It gets more descriptive later, though that is probably not what the reader would like.
- Biggus Dickus: Tortura.
- Blondes Are Evil: Kat in the remake.
- Break the Cutie: And how!
- Cold-Blooded Torture: The story is almost nothing but this.
- Comedic Sociopathy: On the part of Lord Zedd. Exacerbated by his Large Ham qualities.
- Creator Backlash: A Power Rangers fangirl making an illustrated story with a similar theme (although in her version, Kim doesn't get violently tortured and Lord Zedd reveals himself to be a Bishounen, making her invoke Aren't You Going to Ravish Me? instead of begging to be freed, etc.) cut it short after two pages after being shown this story and becoming disgusted with the sheer thought of it all.
- Darker and Edgier
- Dark Fic: One of the most notorious.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Abused almost as much as Kimberly.
"She screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed and screamed."
- Downer Ending: Kimberly dies.
- Although, as mentioned in the summary, its Downer Ending status is debatable.
- Electric Torture
- Fetish Fuel: Let's face it: the only reason anyone would bother reading a torture scene lasting a dozen pages or more is if they're into this stuff, especially when said torture scene is written in IKEA Erotica style.
- Fingore: Very bad things happen to Kimberly's fingers.
- Foot Focus: Employed in a somewhat unpleasant manner.
- IKEA Erotica
- Large Ham: Given the source material, this was inevitable. Lord Zedd and Tortura are very hammy indeed. Which might only make this fic funnier to read.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Tortura.
- Narm: "Aye-aye-aye, Kimberly's been tortured to death!"
- "Immediately, the sight of Kimberly's naked body gave Jason, Tommy, and Zack hard-ons, of which they were instantly ashamed and hoped that nobody else noticed."
- OOC: In the remake, Kat is hit by this hard.
- Plot Hole: Kimberly loses both thumbs... twice.
- Spin-Off: Agony in Yellow, which revolves around Ashley's torture at the hands of Astronema.
- Agony In Red, in which the Red Ranger has a Cactus shoved up his ass
- Torture Technician: You'd expect a guy named "Tortura" to be good at what he does, and boy, is he ever.
- Worse Than It Sounds: A dark, harrowing, transgressive tale of endurance in the face of unrelenting suffering.
- For Kimberly or the reader?
- Both. The only question is who has it worse?
- Oh Kimberly, undoubtedly. The reader at least can stop reading, turn off their computer, run away and bury their head under a pillow while they try to unsee.
- For Kimberly or the reader?
- Yank the Dog's Chain: At one point, Lord Zedd makes Kimberly think that he's letting her go. He has his henchman take her past the door that leads to the torture chamber, and as her excitement to be free grows, he takes her to another door... that leads to the same torture chamber, with Tortura waiting for her.