|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming in the series finale there's a flashback where The Chief is watching Michael, Who is his son. sleeping at his desk. He places a pony toy on the desk, and taps him before running off before Michael wakes up. He sees the toy and eagerly grabs it before falling back asleep with it close to his head. The chief then goes back to kiss Michael on the cheek. Compared to what the series is up to that point, it is nice to know that there is some love happening.
- Flanderization: Compare Michael in the first season to Michael in season three. Mandy gets it even worse.
- Arguably, any character in the show. Dan, for example, goes from an average if somewhat Adorkable guy with some capability of standing up for himself to a complete and utter, terrified doormat. It even turns out he's a virgin after all. Sarge's flashbacks also become the rule rather than the exception.
- Sarge arguably got it the worst, the fastest. I've never seen a character go from relatively normal, with bouts of wackiness, to screaming lunatic wacky all the time, in such a short amount of time.
- It could, arguably, be justified- working at Cracked is terribly stressful, so maybe it just wore Dan down and made Sarge slightly crazy. As for Mandy... well, maybe she just is that shallow and we got to see that side of her only when she became one of the main characters. After all, the few moments she somewhat cared about Dan was when he did something like Mike (the first instance being when he made 'coffee').
- It should also be noted that Mandy was also disgusted by Michael in Season 1. The only real explanation for why those characters went from being silly, but realistic (except Mike obviously) to caricatures is Rule of Funny.
- Ho Yay: So much of it, played for laughs. For example, in the trailer (pre-Season 1), when DOB and Swaim start mouthing off, the narrator pronounces the new show tagline: "Two assholes suck each other off for an hour and a half!" Later in the trailer, they do exactly that.
- Swaim welcomes DOB:
Swaim: So you're my new partner. New meat.
DOB: But... partner like cops, though. Not, like... gay guys.
- In the bomb threat episode:
DOB: We're gonna take turns searching for that bomb while the other one liveblogs. I'll go first. *rips open shirt*
Swaim: *gasps* I've never been more attracted to you.
- After talking to the chief:
The Chief: Now get the hell out of here before I get bored and make you kiss each other.
Swaim: (considering look at D.O.B.)
- Michael was hugely enthusiastic about the idea of having a threesome with Dan and Dan's high school crush. They do, in Season 3.
'Best friends threesome!'
- And in the very end of season 3.
Michael! What took you so long?
- I Am Not Shazam: In one episode, the Chief video chats with Die Hard and Braveheart.
- Nightmare Fuel The Face Book. We never actually see it, but the way it violently shakes, how it affects the other employees (If Michael didn't brutally injure them first,) and how it's implied that it contains several faces of dead children do more than enough to terrify some viewers.
Mandy: Why do they whisper Dan? Why do they whisper!?
- The Woobie: Poor Dan, stuck cleaning up after everyone's messes, sometimes failing entirely.