The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Rei is reading a copy of Hyperion. The text quoted from the book, too, is almost certainly meaningful.
- There have been mentions of an alien race, with interest in alien artifacts, usually referred to as "the unknowable Tsab", and one of their captured devices is called Bah'ri Di ÃŸ".
- Mythos-related tomes that Gendo has acquired include several HP Lovecraft stories, The Tales of the Black Freighter, and "the full product of that unknowing seer, Nagura Tanigawa", which explains the relationship between Azathoth and Nyarlathotep.
- A series about a "hyperactive nazzadi girl and her sardonic human male companion."
- The leaders from Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri are the panellists on Question Time. They speak almost entirely in appropriated SMAC quotes.
- The chaos lords from Dawn of War appear to be the hosts of the in-universe Jerry Springer. Yes.
- Several ones to other prominent Evangelion crossovers, among others.
- A Horizon Event is the term for when a D-Engine breaks, tearing a hole in the universe through which things can enter.
- Not exactly as planned.
- "I shall have a plan to kill everything I meet"
- A specific type of Aeon War Syndrome is known as Navidson's Syndrome. It involves hallucinations of running down dark corridors.
- A result of attempts to provide more subtle technology for launching ICBMs, the original project had been a failure due to questionable decisions for a launch vehicle and the energy requirements for trans-continental weapons.
- The Director of Special Services is called Khoury, just as the head of the Achtzig Group is Dr Calvin Sylveste. That's a thing of such profound technohorror that it's traumatic to think of it.
- Special Services certainly do not employ genetically modified dual-triple-quatro-whatever-wielding bayonet priests voiced by Norio Wakamoto, since there is no Special Services to begin with.
- There are also numerous references to this very wiki, including naming tropes like Humongous Mecha by name.
- "Christopher Salaam had gone crazy at the end, become convinced that the entire universe was a localised bubble in a vast churning sea of infinite possibilities."
- One Migou [self/body-entity] maintains that the best solution is to sterilize the place from from orbit, because it's the only way to be sure.
- Another Migou would like you to know that When this [deployment/force] will [hunt/locate], this [deployment/force] will [kill/exterminate]. No thing is [safe/inviolate], no thing is [protected/sacred]. As it stands, this [deployment/force] is the [last/final] line of [defence/containment]. This [deployment/force] will [burn/sterilise] itself to hold the [defence/containment] line.
- Dr Simon Tam works for the Ashcroft Foundation, who just happen to run a R1VER project.
- Gladys Chell was transferred to Project Achtzig. Earth Scorpion jokingly claimed that Shodan von Braun is another employee.
- NEGN/NEGA doctrine is to enter "autistic mode" when engaging Migou forces, and the NEGN/NEGA deploy "Chalybion" helicopter drones with tail-mounted guns. These are nicknamed "Jigabaki" by the Loyalist Nazzardi..
- "Look at my works, ye mighty, and despair! Do you really think I'd explain my masterstroke if there was a slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?"
- In Chapter 9, Asuka does a barrell roll while riding
GaghielYam like a horse.
- "This was not war. This was pest control."
- HEV suits are mentioned.
- Chapter 6: a Shout-Out to Shakespeare: "Ambition should be made of stronger stuff."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.