Born on April 14th, 1973, Adrien Brody is an Academy Award-winning American actor and producer. Brody grew up in Queens, New York City. His mother is Sylvia Plachy, a renowned Hungarian photographer who Brody credits with making him comfortable being in front of the camera. Brody remained on the cusp of stardom for many years until he was launched into recognition with Roman Polanski's 2002 film, The Pianist, a biopic of Władysław Szpilman during World War II which earned Brody much critical acclaim and an Academy Award for Best Actor, as well as nominations for a Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild and BAFTA award. Brody holds the distinction of being the youngest ever winner of the Best Actor Oscar and the only American to ever win a Cesar, the French equivalent to an Oscar.
Brody is known for his unconventional looks and even more unconventional roles, appearing in such films as The Thin Red Line, Predators, The Brothers Bloom, The Darjeeling Limited, Summer of Sam, King Kong, The Village, The Jacket and Splice, and he has worked with such directors as M. Night Shyamalan, Terrence Malick, Spike Lee, Wes Anderson, Dario Argento, Woody Allen, Peter Jackson and Steven Soderbergh. He has also appeared in commercials for Diet Coke, Schweppes, Stella Artois and Gillette razors.
- Acting for Two: In Giallo
- Ascended Fanboy: was a huge fan of the original Predator film which was his main reason for campaigning himself so hard for the lead for Predators
- Awesome, Dear Boy: Predators and King Kong
- Big Ol' Eyebrows
- Cleopatra Nose: one of his most defining physical characteristics
- Deleted Role: in The Thin Red Line. Brody's character was intended to be the lead and his role was reduced to a few small scenes.
- The Determinator: when it comes to preparing for his roles
- Doing It for the Art: does films if he finds them interesting and doesn't seem to care what others think about his decisions
- Enforced Method Acting: during the filming of The Jacket, he would ask the director to leave him in the drawer even when they weren't filming so he could get into character more. He lost it and his reaction was caught on camera.
- Dyeing for Your Art: famously lost over 30 pounds for his role in The Pianist. He also bulked up considerably for Predators.
- Green Eyes
- One-Scene Wonder: as Dali in Midnight in Paris
- Playing Against Type: King Kong, Predators and The Experiment
- Tall, Dark and Handsome