|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Usually featured in comedy works, this is any very, very, very long limousine belonging to some rich jerkass. Often used as a (no pun intended) Overly Long Gag when a good portion of a scene is reserved for watching a limo take a lifetime to pull over. Of course, the main character will land inside (usually more or less forcefully) at least once. Sometimes the absurdly long vehicle will have nonsensical features like a hot-tub or a bowling alley attached.
And don't try to ask whether this thing is street legal or how it can make turns at corners; you would be missing the joke.
- In B Gata H Kei, Kyouka Kanejou has one.
- Scanty and Kneesocks demonic SUV-limo stretches as long as Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt is absurd.
- In The Mask, the title character arrives at the Coco Bongo club in such a car.
- One episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody had London mentioning that she has a fleet of limousines so long that they can't turn corners. If she is traveling a route that goes around corners she needs to get out of one limo and into another.
- Three were built as part of a Top Gear Challenge; of special note is Clarkson's, built from a tiny Fiat Panda and retaining the donor car's two-door configuration requiring passengers to commute within the car on a The Great Escape-tunnel-style cart, along with being so long it was no-longer road legal.
- In the final section of the challenge, not only did Clarkson's limo have to be shortened so he could drive it in London, but he managed to break it in half rather than successfully deliver his passenger.
- The Scott Pilgrim game has an evil band arrive in a super long limousine version of K.I.T.T.
- Mother 3 has a private limo that Porky uses to pick up Lucas and his gang to bring them to New Pork City. It's sized fairly appropriately on the outside, but on the inside...
- Done in a lot of Looney Tunes and Tex Avery shorts. Also done once or twice in The Flintstones. Often the gag would be further reinforced with a secretary or switchboard operator at the halfway point of the limousine.
- Remy Buxaplenty from The Fairly Oddparents has one of these.
- Once lampshaded by Skippy and Slappy Squirrel in Animaniacs. Another favorite gag, especially from Tex Avery, would be the limo bending around corners to conform to the street.
- Pinky Fox from Rock-a-Doodle drives a large, pink limo with twelve wheels. Toward the end of the film, when Edmund, Patou, Peepers, and Snipes attempt to get Chanticleer back to their farm to stop the villainous owl, they actually all steal Pinky's limo before Peepers gets them all to escape using another vehicle they all stole: Pinky's helicopter.
- An episode of The Simpsons had a rapper's limo that had a wax museum in its basement.
- An episode of Robot Chicken parodying Richie Rich, he states he drives hybrid. Half monster truck, half limousine, that is. It has a mileage of three meters on a full tank.
- The world's longest limousine is in the page image. This one hundred foot (30.5 m) long, twenty-six wheeled monster includes a hot tub and a swimming pool, and is mostly used in film productions and exhibitions. Imagine trying to parallel park this thing...
- A funny contraption usually made for fun, for advertising or simply to show it can be done, is the sportscar turned absurdly long limousine, which include a Lancia Delta Integrale with a mini-bar and a stretched Ferrari 360 Modena with gullwing doors. As expectable, the claim to be sports cars should be taken with a grain of salt.