The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Basic Trope: A ship is abandoned by fans after Word of God sinks it.
- Straight: Word of God or Canon ends the Alice/Bob ship by revealing they're Brother and Sister.
- Exaggerated: The writer kills off either Alice or Bob, ending their ship.
- Justified: Only the most devoted (or perverted) of shippers would ship brother and sisters together.
- Inverted: The knowledge that Alice and Bob are siblings causes even more fans to ship them together.
- Subverted: The writer says s/he was just joking when s/he said that.
- Double Subverted: But follows it up with "But they're still blood related."
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Parodied: ???
- Deconstructed: A large number of the fandom stops reading the work after the Alice/Bob ship is sunk.
- Reconstructed: Most of them were only fans in name anyway: the trash took itself out. And the Fandom Rejoiced.
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: ???
- Lampshaded: "I imagine a lot of people will be shocked by our being related."
- Invoked: ???
- Exploited: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: See Lampshaded.
- Conversed: "Can you believe they sunk Alice x Bob like that?" "I know. I just can't bring myself to ship them anymore."
- Plotted A Good Waste: ???
Back to Abandon Shipping
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.