Aaron Dismuke was one of few child voice actors in the voice acting field. He is best known as the voice of Alphonse Elric in the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime, who he voiced when he was 12 years old. However, he had grown out of the role by the time Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood was produced, so Maxey Whitehead filled in for him. Is the cousin of Justin Cook. He continues to voice characters for FUNimation.
He and FMA co-star Vic Mignogna formed their own "fanbase incarnate" in the form of the Risembool Rangers, which occasionally follow them from con to con.
Notable roles from Aaron:
- Yuuto Sakaeguchi in Big Windup
- Kio Kakazu in Cat Planet Cuties
- Yoh Takami in Deadman Wonderland
- Hiro Sohma and young Akito in Fruits Basket
- Alphonse Elric in the first Fullmetal Alchemist and the OVA Collection (bar the "Kids" short)
- Young Hohenheim in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Leon Elliot in Black Cat
- Sergeo in Lupin III: Farewell To Nostradamus
- Yasuchika Haninozuka in Ouran High School Host Club
- Ouri Kagami in Shikabane Hime
- Ion Fortuna in Trinity Blood
- The English voice synthesizer for the famed ASIMO robot was apparently patterned after him, specifically his performance in FMA.
Tropes for Aaron Dismuke:
- Estrogen Brigade: He grew up, and girls and gay boys now swoon over him. Add the occasional time when he's with Troy Baker at anime conventions and the aforementioned groups of people go kinda crazy.
- Everything Is Big in Texas
- He Is All Grown Up
- One of Us
- Those Two Guys: With Troy Baker or Vic Mignogna, the latter being no surprise given that they portrayed a pair of brothers a few years back.