The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
- Basic Trope: Early on in the game, a powerful character joins the party and nukes everything, before leaving.
- Played Straight: Early on in Tales Of Troperia, the Five-Man Band of Bob, Alice, Emily, Charlie, and Dave are joined by the grizzled veteran Jason Bloodspiller, who is at level 27 while the heroes are at Level 1. He takes down everything in the game until he has to leave.
- Exaggerated: He also has a sweeping attack, high stats, and a good helmet, armour, weapon, pair of gloves, and pair of boots equipped.
- Up To Eleven: He is able to destroy the first boss of the game in one move.
- Justified: He has years of experience, but has to leave eventually.
- Inverted: Lethal Joke Character.
- Subverted: He only has good equipment - Hammer, Leather Boots, Leather Gloves, Mithril Armour, and Mithril Helmet. Since Heroes Prefer Swords, Jason has bad stats because of his Wooden Sword.
- Double Subverted: If you unequip them, he's still powerful.
- Zig-Zagged: ???
- Enforced: The dev team want to give the player a bit of gameplay that they can only get through maxing out their character.
- Averted: Strong characters don't leave.
- Discussed: "You've obliterated the bad guys, and now you're leaving, aren't you?" "Pretty much, yeah. Business calls, and you can take it from here."
- Conversed: ???
- Defied: ???
Back to A Taste of Power
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.