|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Complete Monster: Some nobles show a total disregard for the value of commoners' lives. During the revolution, however, most of the common population goes Ax Crazy.
- Madame Defarge, when not sledding with abandon and hollers of joy down the Slippery Slope.
- It Was His Sled: Carton dies at the end.
- Marty Stu: Charles Darnay. Why, no, Mister Charles Dickens, the name's not at all familiar.
- Purity Sue: Arguably Lucie.
- Really, she's more of a Mary Sue Classic.
- This might have been intended by Dickens after all; there's a strong case being built that says all characters in the book, except for Carton, are purposely two-dimensional.
- Tear Jerker: The repetition of "I am the resurrection and the life" as Sydney goes to his death can hit pretty hard.
- Also, the Little Seamstress whose only crime was being employed by a noble and who will never see her cousin again, but goes to her death with dignity and grace.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: One interpretation of Madame Defarge
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.