The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Quotes • Headscratchers • Playing With • Useful Notes • Analysis • Image Links • Haiku • Laconic|
Follows the format you'd expect of panel shows, with a host, two teams (consisting of two guests and a captain) and various quiz rounds.
The rounds generally played are:
- Picture Board - Contestants pick a square from a numbered grid which will correspond to a photo of an obscured sports personality, of whom they have to guess the identity.
- What Happened Next? - Sporting footage is played and contestants will have to figure out what hilarity ensued.
- Mystery Guest - A montage is shown of a sports star dressed in disguise, who has to be identified. This round can be quite funny, as when [Ally McCoist] failed to recognise his own boss.
- Observation - A montage of sporting action, followed by detail-based questions ("How many football players were seen wearing yellow shorts?").
- Home Or Away - Standard quiz questions. Contestants can choose "Home" questions, which are easier (usually about their own sports) but worth less, or "Away" questions, which are harder but worth more.
- Captain's Challenge - A newer round, where team captains engage in some sort of wacky challenge.
- The Points Mean Nothing: Averted, with competitive sportsmen as panellists. Less of a thing as the show has got more comedic in recent years, but the Bill Beaumont / Ian Botham era was very competitive.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.