|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Despite the cheesiness of Freddy's puns, some of them were actually funny, such as Freddy's use of The Power Glove to kill a video-game-obsessed teen in Freddy's Dead:
"Now I'm playin' with power!"
- Also, later in the film, a sleeping John finds himself in 1428 Elm Street:
John: Not again. He's not gonna get me again. Nothing is gonna make me get off this bed.
(the end of the bed bursts into flames)
John: Damn it! I hate this house!
- And when lost in Springwood...
Carlos: Oh yeah?! Well the map says we're fucked!
- Also, Johnny Depp's cameo (under the name Oprah Noodlemantra, which is funny in itself) as "Teen on TV".
- Dream Warriors: "I said, where's the fucking bourbon?!"
- Welcome to prime time, bitch!
- Dream Child: When Mark, blood phobic, realizes he's bleeding. "Whaa...? Oh shit."
- Freddy's Revenge: "Help yourself, fucker!"
- Who could forget the opening scene in Freddy's Dead, here we have John who is dreaming about being on an airplane. Normally in airplane disaster films there is a kindly old lady that would tell the hero everything is alright when he is nervous about planes. However, this lady calls him a pussy. Moments after that the roof of the plane opens, sucking the old lady out of the air. Rather than panic, John had this to say:
John: It's NOT FAIR, I WAS ALMOST OUT!!!
- "I found Spencer!"
- When Freddy taunts Nancy in the first movie by shape-shifting himself into the hall monitor:
Freddy: Hey Nancy! No running in the hallway.
- A meta-example, but the fact that fans list Zsa Zsa Gabor as one of Freddy's victims after her cameo in Dream Warriors.
- In Freddy's Dead, after significantly amplifying Carlos' hearing, Freddy takes out a blackboard, going "oooh" and "aaah" as he makes it bigger. As he brings one of his claws to the board, Carlos is begging him not to, all the while Freddy's sadistically grinning and going "mm-hmmmm" as he starts raking his claws across the board. Freddy actually looks like he's about to orgasm while Carlos' head explodes from the sound.
- In Dream Child, when Greta's mom scolds her at the graduation for trying to lick Mark's lollipop, Mark's father leans out into the aisle to snatch a look at the "cover girl" she's telling off.