|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic • Source • Setting|
A Night at the Roxbury is the 1998 movie spun off from the SNL skit starring Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan. The movie tells about Doug and Steve Butabi's journey as they get into the biggest and best nightclub in the city.
The skits are best known for originating the "Roxbury head-bop" to the Haddaway song "What Is Love". This is an epic skit.
- Adaptation Expansion
- As Himself: Richard Greico.
- Captain Obvious: "You can take away our keys, and you can take away our cell phones, but you cannot take away our dreams!" "Yeah, because we're asleep when we're having them!"
- Casanova Wannabe: Doug and Steve.
- Comically Small Bribe: "Well, maybe my friend Mr... Washington will change your mind. Uh, and his friend Mr... Washington..."
- Coolest Club Ever: The actual coolest club to ever be seen in movies -- Exit (which was dreamed up by the main characters), where the inside looks like the outside, and the outside looks like the inside.
- Double Entendre:
"Doug, if I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
- Erotic Eating: Emily tries this on Steve, but fails.
- Fair Cop: Hottie Police Officer.
- Incredibly Lame Pun:
Craig: Man, I owe you...
- Rapid-Fire Comedy
- Running Gag:
- "Doug and Steve Butabi." "Are you two brothers?" "No... YES!"
- "Did you grab my ass?"
- The Emilio Estevez story.