The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Beatles taunt an old man on then train, walk away, then suddenly, they're outside, messing with him again, before they get back on, carrying Ringo for some reason.
- An In-Universe instance: During their show in the end, Paul's Grandfather enters the stage through a stage elevator, and George immediately shoves him off, much to the horror of the TV director.
- Crowning Music of Awesome: It's a freakin' Beatles movie!
- Fair for Its Day: The portrayal of the ambiguously gay T.V. director was surprisingly positive given that this film was made back in 1964.
- Flanderization: All the Beatles play Flanderized versions of their real-life personalities.
- Funny Aneurysm Moment: There are repeated jokes about murdering John Lennon....awkward.
- "A train and a room and a car and a room and a room and a room"...basically the kind of fishbowl atmosphere that the Beatles would really come to loathe by 1966, before they quit touring. They were prisoners of their own success, stayed in enclosed quarters under tight security, and never really got to enjoy being a touring band because it was hard for them to get out and enjoy the places they toured in without being, erm, surged after. Every country or city felt the same as the last one.
- Harsher in Hindsight: John's casual torment of Norm, the band's fictional manager.
- Ringo's overprotectiveness of his drums. Gee, maybe he was afraid somebody would secretly overdub his tracks.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: John playing with a submarine in the bathtub and the presence of performers dressed as a military band in the TV studio.
- Ho Yay: John providing most of it by doing such things as singing love songs to Ringo, blinking frivolously at men on trains, and just briefly passing an effeminate, well-dressed man in a hallway and admiring his attire.
John: Gear costume.
- More when Ringo jumps around with that guy at the nightclub.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.