|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
"Drizzle? What kind of a name is that? Were your parents drunk when they named you, or are they just really stupid?"—Holly, A Drizzle of Education
Tired of taking care of Drizzle all the time, Drizzle's parents decide send her to a boarding school in Canada. There, Drizzle soon learns that making friends isn't quite so easy when everyone thinks you're a freak. Along the way she’ll have to put up with cruel pranks, not-so-nice roommates, and concerned adults, but what will happen when she and her two new friends stumble across a book full of magic spells?
The tropes used are:
- Alpha Bitch: Holly is the Alpha Bitch in her Girl Posse.
- Boarding School: Drizzle's parents send her here because nobody really wants to look after her.
- Canada, Eh?: Where a majority of the story is set, eh?
- Food Fight: Megan starts one in the cafeteria when she accidentally spills her lunch on someone.
- Girl Posse: Holly, Megan, Hannah, and Kylie.
- Has Two Daddies: Drizzle has two daddies and a mommy. Only one of her dads is her biological father, though, and the other is simply referred to as her 'other daddy' in the story.
- Heel Face Turn: Mrs. Norris does one when she finds out Lucian is gay, and that helping him with his evil plans won't lead him into her arms after all.
- It Runs in The Family: Drizzle and her family are far from ordinary.
- Kids Are Cruel: Holly and her friends are cruel to Drizzle. Dyeing her hair neon blue and making fun of her/her name/her family? Not cool, man.
- NaNoWriMo: What the story was written for.
- Noodle Incident: There is a chapter named after this trope where Drizzle explains the time her family screwed up spaghetti to her friends.
- Overly Long Name: Drizzle Quinn Von Nuke Mc Kitteh Dekker and Madeleine Abigail Rachel Yasmin Sabrina Ursula Ellis.
- Picked Last: Drizzle in gym class back at her old school.
- Polyamory : Drizzle's parents are in a polyamorous relationship, hence why she has two daddies and a mommy.
- Shout-Out: To Scott Westerfeld, Repo! The Genetic Opera, My Chemical Romance, Harry Potter, Supernatural and Zombie Blondes.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"?: Holly's reaction to Drizzle's name.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Drizzle's hair gets dyed blue towards the end of the story.