The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
- The whole endgame of Okami, from Issun's departure, to the ghosts of the Celestials telling how they died, to Waka's tale, to Ammy's Hope Spot halfway through the final boss battle.
- -and how! Issun's departure is one of three times this troper has cried at a game because of a cutscene.
- The Hope Spot section also counts as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, making it all the more of a tear jerker in this troper's opinion... *sniff* ...excuse me...
- I agree. And the music goes still, and it just hangs while Ammy looks around and realizes she's still all alone...
- Excuse me, I cannot believe that Tobi's death has not been put here. The little guy was helping you all along and then gives his life up to help Ammy reach the boss. I would have gone through his races for the rest of the game if he could have stayed alive because of it *sob* He even left a small flower where he faded, making this troper bawl. Poor Scrap.
- Which makes it all the worse when you realize his final words are how he wishes he could offer you a flower in congratulation and that this is the first time he's enjoyed himself so much. He then proceeds to turn himself into a flower and, even though all enemies do that when they die in this game, it hits home that much harder because his final act becomes the fulfillment of his final desire.
- Just Waka's tale in general. Although he does not outright state it, he hints he is the last of the Moon Tribe. He also was the reason that Nippon has demons in the first place. His whole Trickster Archetype is based on the fact that he doesn't want to let anyone get hurt. And when he saves Ammy from Yami at the apparent loss of his own life...-sniff-
- Well, he isn't really the last... Remember Kaguya?
- After your adventures inside the Dragon Palace, the dragon orb shows you a vision of the REAL Rao being attacked by the demon Ninetails. Cue epic music as Issun rushes you to where the vision had shown you. Once there, the ghost of the real Rao leads you to a secret tunnel. So when you go into the secret tunnel, you find a decayed corpse. Guess whose it is. This is one Player Punch guaranteed to leave you winded.
- You see? Nobody remembers Queen Himiko, not even the people in the game itself. Both her and Ammy knew that she had to die for her plan to work from the very beginning yet none of them mentioned it, her sacrifice is quite tear jerking. The way she manages to linger on in this world for just one more moment in order to finally determine the location of Oni Island for this one sunset was also rather sad. But you know what I find to be the saddest part of this? It's the fact that after her death, the number of people that mentions her at all can be counted with one hand, meaning that her sacrifice was never known by her people.
- Kaguya going back to the moon. *sniff*
- Issun imploring the people of Nippon to pray for Amaterasu's safety and give her their strength in the final battle never fails to turn my waterworks on.
- You mean none of you were bawling when you went back in time and eventually watched as Shiranui died?
- "Reset (Thank You)", which plays during Ammy's Hope Spot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.