|YMMV • Radar • Quotes • (Funny • Heartwarming • Awesome) • Fridge • Characters • Fanfic Recs • Nightmare Fuel • Shout Out • Plot • Tear Jerker • Headscratchers • Trivia • WMG • Recap • Ho Yay • Image Links • Memes • Haiku • Laconic|
After nuclear war wiped out most life on the planet in 2030, the Megaro Earth Project was formed with the goal of saving humanity. With the last remnants of humanity collected in a single city, the Project set itself to the task of rebuilding. Quickly re-acquiring the lifestyle and technological advancement enjoyed before the war, the survivors are nevertheless under the constant surveillance of city authorities... for their own protection, of course.
A group of terrorists referring to themselves as the "Black Widows" began making attacks within the city, an organization known as the Sniper Control Office was formed to root them out at any cost. Among the Snipers is an officer named Él Miles, who is tasked with the protection of Parsley, one of the city's most famous idol Singers who was recently attacked by Black Widow operatives.
Él will have her work cut out for her, however, as the mysterious masked leader of the Black Widows known only as "Gimmick" soon proves that he can get to anyone, anywhere, even turning fellow officers and long-time friends against her. Unable to trust the Sniper Control Office, Él and Parsley must unravel the mystery of just who is behind the Black Widows, and what they aim to accomplish with their attacks... all while El is increasingly plagued by strange visions of another world.
Él is a two-part sci-fi/hentai OVA directed by Katsuma Kanazawa. Originally released in 2001 by studio Green Bunny, it was licensed for release in English by NuTech. The English license was later acquired by Kitty Media. El was based on an eroge of the same name released for the PC by ELF Corporation, who also had a hand in writing the series.
- Big Brother Is Watching: Thousands of "eyebots" float around the city observing its citizens at all times, even in their most intimate of moments... ostensibly to maintain security. However it is revealed early on that at least some of these eyebots are under the control of Gimmick.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: The Sniper Control Office has a room specially set up to interrogate female suspects, in which waterboarding is instead replaced by graphic, brutal rape. And the male police officers most certainly enjoy themselves, many not even seeming interested in whether or not they get their answers.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: The NuTech English dub employed the... talents... of Shelbee Myne and Lola, whose voices some viewers might recognize from their live-action porn work.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: In the events that led up to the series, environmental pollution was getting so bad that many of the major world powers decided action must be taken. Normally this would be a laudable goal, but not when you "solve" the problem by nuking most life on Earth out of existence.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A is displayed by pop stars Parsley and Reiko while a giant holographic image of them performs the series' theme song above the city.
- Plot With Porn: Though to be fair, there is still a lot of porn.